Friday, April 25, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.23 - XBG Neal Crenshaw, International Tick-a-lo Man

Beta Pi:

IS "BETA PI BLOG" JUNK E-MAIL?: Yes, and no! It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply "Click on" the web address: http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/ .

FRANK BILLER ALLUDES TO X NEAL: So I’m racked out in my recliner yesterday evening, watching Donnie Brasco again, when my Blackberry sounds off - message-in-a-bottle from Venerable Buck-O fbiller1@msn.com :

E-MAIL FROM FRANK BILLER, April 24, 2008:

"Dear Larry and guys,

I get sooo confused on all this blog stuff. Larry's trains of thought have always been challenging for a simple boy from Davenport Iowa like me. So, I try to follow the blog despite a great deal of confusion. However, I have to give Props to Brother Larry on his Header/Screen Crawler at the top of the Blog. I mean- come on. a copy of the cover of "Thrasher" magazine with a pic of young Ted Stephany tedstephany@yahoo.com trumpeting "Prom Date from Hell" . . . only a truly demented can mind make this kind of stuff up.

There is brilliance in Brother Larry's insanity my friends. And he does have way too much time on his hands.

Kudos to you Brother Simons. You magnificent mad bastard.

VTL Buck

"NOTE: Pan-Asian culture invades Tic-Speak. I don't know if you have noticed from brother X. Neal Crenshaw's communications, but he regularly substitutes the word " 'da" for the.

I assume this has something to do with local Thai culture, years of alcohol abuse (Gin and tonic MUST be used in sub tropical climes to ward off malaria, monkey fever and other nefarious maladies) and/or something called "Thai Sticks" (not to start another controversey ala the Ted and Vinnie scenario).

Just as the Vietnamese Spin-f _ _ _ (edited, B.E.S.) chair has crept into all our bedrooms, I notice this coloquialism has creeped into Larrys lexicon on the blog.

RESPONSE SENT TO BUCK: Thank you, my friend. Your words remind me of the scene in Patton, where Gen. Patton is surveying the battlefield with his binoculars, and says "Rommel, you magnificent bastard . . . I read your book!" I love that scene.

* * *

XBG NEAL CRENSHAW, INTERNATIONAL TICK-A-LO MAN: It’s a good thing Buck brought up X Neal. Reminds me that Neal neal.crenshaw@gmail.com recently sent me some great photos of his life in Thailand.

For those brothers new to the blog, Neal’s nick-name has morphed from "X-Neal" to XBG-Neal.

There is a story behind that (see Archives, Vol.2007, No.17 ) but suffice to say, Neal has built (he’s a contractor who builds embassies) a beautiful compound carved out of the middle of the jungle, drives a Harley in the bush, and plays guitar in a local band - and the natives have dubbed him "The Bronze God" - hence the intials "BG" have been added to the X, morphing to XBG-Neal.

Here are some shots of XBG’s jungle-paradise compound in Thailand, and his beautiful wife, and their daughter Lulu. Neal, Lulu is absolutely adorable, my brother.

As you may know, Neal issued a standing invitation to Tick-a-lo’s spanning the globe, to come vacation in his compound, where he has a pool, and recording studio. Marlon had suggested several of us charter a flight. Who knows?

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of April 25, 2008, the Blog roster total is 87 Beta Pi brothers, 80 of these Tick-a-lo men have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - fugetaboutit!

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, 72

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

E-MAIL FROM JACK MUENCH, April 25, 2008:
"I like Marlon's suggestion.  If enough join in, it could be a lot more affordable.  Whatever, it's a long way from Huntsville!"

Anonymous said...

FROM XBG-NEAL, April 28, 2008:
"Larry:
Nice article. Thank you.
Y'all come.
Neal

PS: Buck, da "da's" stem from my early fascination w/ CB speak... and an interest in making written english more accurately reflect current useage... an idiosynchrosy... Apparently, Larry picked right up on it...

Your characterization of my life of indolence is interesting. I did actually drink some serious G n T's in Mali to ward off malaria (when I had to go off the suppressant due to side effects...) Be advised, however, that there are no such things as "Thai sticks" in Thailand... The drug laws are draconian and enforced in a most corrupt and unbelievable way... You will recall the eradication of 3,000 or so alleged dealers about 4 years ago?... Although everything is available, best not to get involved.

Lastly, if you ever come, we can do some real good pickin' and grinnin'... I'm thinkin' "Divin' Duck"..."