Monday, April 14, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.20 - Marlon Noir, Blog Reporter, Episode #9

Beta Pi:

WHAT IS "BETA PI BLOG"?: It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply "Click on" the web address: http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/ .

MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER, Episode 9:

"It was a dark morning in my City, or at least in my flat - where I keep the shades down . . . I like it dark all the time - just like I like to have my overcoat with me all the time, it just feels right.

"Time for a cigarette . . . Dollface, bring me those matches and that pack of Camels - and, lets see . . . I feel like a little music.

"I wonder what’s on the radio . . . Usually a good jazz station on the low end of the dial . . .

(Rap music starts to play)

"Can’t have that!" Although, Marlon thought to himself ‘for some strange reason, there’s something about Rap music that appeals to me, but I can’t put my finger on it.’

Marlon found himself unable, or unwilling to change the radio dial. Finally, it came to him.

"That’s it! Rap singers insult and deprecate their women - that’s why it fascinates me. What do ya know? At least I don’t call my woman a "bitch" or a "bitchy ho’"

"Hey Dollface, how’s about a little breakfast . . . before its time for you to beat it? I’m starving."

"Think I’ll check the internet, check my e-mail for the latest news. What’s this, a message from Scott Shepard! That beats all! Scott finally got a computer and an e-mail address. That’s big news. Scott.shepard16@yahoo.com

"Dollface, if you don’t hurry up with that grub, I’ll lose my ‘creative spark’ - I won’t be able to crank out my column for the blog -

"Hold your horses, Marlie - here it is, your favorite. Scrambled eggs, 2 Slim Jim’s, and a bottle of Schoenling’s Little Kings. Now, I’m going shopping, Poopsie!

"Yeah, thanks, and knock yourself out . . . and hey, pick me up some Preparation H while you’re at it.

"Damn - I thought that broad would never stop talking . . .

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE OF MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER!

 

BETA PI BLOG WELCOMES SCOTT SHEPARD!  Scott had told me a few months ago he was planning to get a computer, and set up a personal e-mail - and today, Mark McGann markmcgann@prodigy.net sent me Scott’s e-mail address scott.shepard16@yahoo.com . Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, old friend! Tick-a-lors, e-mail the Scotsman, and harangue him - for old-time’s sake!

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of April 14, 2008, the Blog roster total is 87 Beta Pi brothers, 80 of these Tick-a-lo men have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - fugetaboutit!

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, 72

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E-MAIL FROM ARCHERY ENTHUSIAST TOM LOVINGGOOD, April 15, 2008:

"Larry--
 How about some more "bow and arrow" pictures?

Thanks
Tom L."

TO LOVE-MAN:  The woman pictured is in archery training.  The trainer involved - Vinuchio Whipsnade, is working on her posture, and right arm position.  Arched back and high right elbow - excellent form, according to Whipsnade.