Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.12 - The Woos Encounter!

Beta Pi:

WHAT IS "BETA PI BLOG"?: It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply "Click on" the web address: http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/ .

THE WOOS ENCOUNTER: As you may know - my geriatric brain recently confused the Immortal "Waaz" a/k/a Chad Weiss cweiss@jogcapital.com with the Venerable "Woos" a.k.a Abner Michael Glover. Such is life. We had managed to connect with Waaz (See Archives, Vol.2007, No.__), but until today, we had no e-mail for Mike Glover.

Here is the story. I knew Mike was in Knoxville, and got his professional address on the internet (he’s a doc’) - and I tried calling his office. I spoke to his receptionist, I even gave assurances I was just an old college friend / fraternity bro’, and was not soliciting money. No luck, no call back.

So, I sent him a letter, beseeching him to give me his e-mail address. It was the "painless" version of the letter, complete with a self-addressed-stamped-envelope enclosed: all you do is write your e-mail address in the blank, and mail it back.

Jam-bo! In today’s mail, I get Mike’s response!

Now, Mike is a doctor, right? And doctor-types are often penmanship-challenged, right? I could make out 8 of the 9 characters. In other words, Mike’s hand-writing sucks.

So, I telephoned his office, and talked again to his kind assistant. I explained to her the same tripe, i.e., ‘just an old college friend / fraternity bro’, etc.," and could she please just verify the e-mail address he sent me? She cautiously responded "that (e-mail) is one I don’t know, and he’s "with a patient" - I’ll talk to him - when I can slip in - and call you back?"

For the annals, the only professional-type Tick-a-lor more difficult to reach was The Love-Man! tlovinggood@comcast.net . Love-man, burning many candles at both ends, seeing hundreds of patients a day! So, without further magniloquence, pleonasticity or grandiloquent verbiage, . . .

BETA PI BLOG WELCOMES MIKE GLOVER! miles8526@aol.com

Senior year (‘74/’75) Mike was Worthy Master, and a great guy. I also remember Mike was somewhat of a nebuloid - something of a mystery, a cautious fellow.

Mike was a little up-tight, somewhat reluctant to "let his hair down." This coming from me, Bozino - who let his hair down too often, and to a fault? Fa-ged-a-bou-dit! Mike, welcome to the blog-o-sphere, old friend! Tick-a-lors, e-mail this nebuloid, and give him greetings! For old-time’s sake.

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: The Blog roster now stands at 86 Beta Pi brothers, 77 of whom have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - kindly share it!

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, 72

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to get too technical with you, Your Bozoness, but actually, the proper spelling is "Jiambo!" (origin unknown). I am confident that you would appreciate the constructive correction.
-Itchy

Anonymous said...

BOZO'S BIG SPELLING ADVENTURE, PART 1:

TO ITCHY:  Thanks - its spelled exactly like I remember you saying it.  I love that word!

FROM ITCHY:  "Yes, ain't it a peach?!"

Anonymous said...

BOZO'S BIG SPELLING ADVENTURE, PART 2:

FROM MARLON:  "It's wuss, rhymes with p_ _s as in p_ _ _y... wussy, get it?  Ain't no Ebonics to it ya dad blamed turtle head."

TO MARLON:  When I read your e-mail, I couldn't stop laughing - best laugh I've had in weeks!

Anonymous said...

TED STEPHANY M.I.A. - REPORT BY D.R. FLOWER, March 5, 2008:
"Larry,
I have left a few messages on the phone number that you gave me, but no response.  The message is a robot and so there is no way to confirm that he even got the messages.  I will try again periodically, but if Ted does not want to be found, he will likely be successful.  Do you have any contact info on Hill Turner?  I believe that Landry told me that he had a “Fifi” sighting a few years back.  He is a southern Fla. boy and may have a scent on the elusive Teddy Bare!
DR Flower
3205 Oxford Dr.
Rowlett, TX 75088
972.412.5085 H
972.679.9813 C"

TO D.R.:  Thanks for trying to locate the Immortal Teddy Bare, a.k.a. "Fifi" - your reward awaits you in Heaven!  Try to remember:  always discount anything you hear from Landry.  Hill Turner is alive and well: rhturner@gmail.com, 850-292-1839.  Be well - Tick-a-lo!

Anonymous said...

FROM XBG NEAL CRENSHAW, INTERNATIONAL PHILOSOPHER AT LARGE:

"The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese."

TO XBG NEAL:  Wasn't there a guy in Mims Freshman Hall who we used to call "Mouse-Man"?  Or is my memory off?