Monday, December 31, 2007

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2007, No.63 - Double Nickel 2008 Announced

Beta Pi:

YO - WAKE UP, THERE - 2008 APPROACHES!: This is a heads-up "e-mail" - it is not "the blog." This e-mail contains the written content of this"Beta Pi Blog"issue, not the entire content. The blog includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters - so you simply must raise your "bird" finger and "Click on" the web address:

http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/ .

DOUBLE NICKEL 2008 ANNOUNCED: I was talking on the phone with Buck Biller

fbiller1@msn.com , yesterday evening - Buck is in Brooklyn, New York visiting his son, Hank. (I fully expect to turn on my TV and see Buck appear in Times Square, hoisting one in merriment, on Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve show tonight!) Anyway, I’m going to Brooklyn (at some point) I told Buck, because my Dad was born there, and I have some Simons ancestors who are buried there in Queens. So I told Buck, let me know next time you’re going up to visit Hank, and I’ll rendezvous with you in Brooklyn. Buck reminds me - several Ticks live in the New York City area, Ollie Grace ograce@graceny.com , Tison Keel tkeel@daikin_america.com , Jack Nichols jhn754@charter.net , Clyde Noel cnoel@optonline.net

, and others (geezer moment) - it could turn into a real party - and Buck (pondering how old we’ll be in 2008) said, "we’ll call it Double Nickel! Why wait until we turn 60?" And thus, let the record reflect, Double Nickel 2008 was conceived by Brother Buck, and with any luck it will happen sometime in ‘08.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY DEAR FRIENDS . . .: Last night I had more than usual number of dreams - and this morning I had a burst of energy - so I got to thinking. How to write about this . . .

Vinny

starr2456@comcast.net

had sent me a gag gift a few years back - a deck of cards with our picture from "the year 2000" or so. Vinny has this "thing" about cards. My Dad, George H. Simons loved cards (maybe too much, I must confess) and he had this gag gift he gave to his pals - sort of a promotional gift, he was a realtor. The cards were printed with "Who is George H. Simons?" And I had forgotten about that, but Vinny - being a collector, still had a GHS deck. Well, this whole Double Nickel idea Buck had seemed like a good bet for a "cards" theme - the next Stooge Reunion. It will depend on Buck, but we’ll work on it.

Mean time, my Tick-a-lor brothers, I wish each of you good health and peace of mind in 2008! "Should old acquaintance be forgot . . ." And let me add, 2007 brought many blessings for which I am grateful, and I hope ‘07 was a good year for you as well.

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: The Tick-a-lor Blog roster now stands at 84 Beta Pi brothers, 72 of whom have e-mail addresses. Beta Pi Blog is a beast which feeds on Tick-a-lor e-mail addresses - feed the beast!

VTL,

Larry Simons,

Beta Pi, 72

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TISON KEEL IS "IN" ON DOUBLE NICKEL:
"Larry:
Count me in for the Double Nickel Date!  If anyone wants to make golf a part of the event, I'll be happy to host a foursome at my club in NJ - less than one hour from Times Square.
Best wishes for 2008!  I am enclosing a shot of my brood, an electronic replacement for a Christmas Card, since we exhausted our supply this year.  Ages 11, 13, 17, 19 (Frosh-RIT in Rochester, NY).  (The golf course is in the background.)
Peace, joy and success!


Tison Keel
Vice President
Daikin America Inc.
(845) 365-9566 (office)
(845) 664-2431 (cell)
(845)-365-9515 (fax)
tkeel@daikin-america.com"

TO TISON:  Happy New Year!  Thanks for the photo - I'll post it in Issue #63.