Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.50 - BOZO BOUGHT THE FARM

Beta Pi


BOZO BOUGHT THE FREAKIN' FARM
For some time now, I’ve had this vision of having a "farmette" - as they say - a small farm near Nashville. Add to it a "Bunkhouse/rehearsal studio" - where Andrew and his band, Groundspeak - and my step-son William and his Bluegrass band - could rehearse as long and loud as they wanted, and sleep if they wanted.
Well, the deed is done - pun intended! I finally made it happen - signed on the dotted, as the saying goes.
It is a pretty farm located near Dickson, in Dickson County, Tennessee (about an hour from Nashville). It’s about 9.6 acres, with a spring fed creek, a large horse barn, s few out buildings, and a single-wide-mobile-home (I love it!)
After a coat of paint, the single-wide-mobile-home will become the "Bunkhouse/rehearsal studio." Ann and I don’t plan to actually live there until we build a home there, which will be some time around whenever. My step-son William is expected to graduate from MTSU in 2011. I’ll be 58 then, and some time after that, I hope to retire.
The farm is in a valley, and there are several places we can build. Ya-Hoo!!!
Y’all come back now, hear?


As of this publication, the update is as follows:

TICK-A-LO’s-O-73 UPDATE

GEORGE "ABER" ABERNATHY and wife Kimberley: YES!

CLAUDE "TERMINATOR" CODY and wife Anne: YES!

GEORGE "LOO" JOE and mystery woman / significant other / wife?: YES!

MIKE "CLEVE" McCARTY
MARK "CHEEKS" REED

JOHN "BOSS" STEIN

GEORGE "THE HEME" TOMLINSON

TOM "THE LOVE-MAN" LOVINGGOOD

LAWRENCE "LORENZO BOZINO" SIMONS and wife Ann: YES!

* * *
Not too long ago, the Class-o-78 had their own mini reunion, but it was an - sniff-sniff - "invitation-only affair." (See Archives, Vol.2008, No.30).

WHAT WILL BE THE CLASS-O-78'S FATE

The ATO’s of 1978 included Mark Adams; Jimmy Grissett; Chip "Attack-Puppet" Heartfield; LARK "just-because-he’s-got-a-cute-daughter-doesn’t-mean-he’s-not-gay" MASON; Randy "Wheezer" Martin; Ed "Mutual Fund" Oppenhiemer; Greg "Fisticuffs" Qualls; Don "Stroke-me" Scott; Dick "Stone-oid" Stoner; and Sean "That’s Classified" Walsh).

For that reason, Mr. Grissett had told me it was unlikely that any of those 1978 boys would appear at Reunion 2008 (their 30th Reunion).

Mr. Grissett, as you know, Reunion 2008 also includes HOMECOMING 2008.

People - this football game promises to be SMASHING!
My step-daughter Maggie just told me the DORES ARE NOW RATED 19!

Need I say more, Mr. Grissett, or perhaps I should invoke that mystery man - whom you invented just to confuse people - LARK MASON, you freakin’ a-hole! ILAMATOB (I love all my ATO Brothers).

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS:  As of July 29, 2008, the Blog roster stands at 90 Beta Pi brothers, 82 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses, and __ ATO Girlfriends-o-Yore. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother, or sister - fugetaboutit!
VTL,
Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

E-MAIL FROM CHUCK THE MIGHTY, September 29, 2008:

"Tics:

I love brew, I love chicks and I hate school.

Chuck"

UN-PRINTABLE RESPONSE FROM MEUCHIE:

"S_ _ _ on them books"

Anonymous said...

SPORTS EXTRA - By John Stein, October 6, 2008:

"Boys, the Commodore win Sat. against Auburn was a spiritual event!!  jfs"

TO BOSS:  Yes, I am still hoarse from hollering, and left shoulder still soar from "glory-air-punching"
VTL
Bozino

Anonymous said...

E-INQUIRY FROM MUENCH-MIESTER, October 6, 2008:

"Larry, see the repartee below. The bottom line is the bottom line: if I can
stay with you (I have pads and bags galore), there's a good chance I will
come.  In fact, Trudy and I will be in ATL the Weds before. She has
graciously consented to making her own way home and letting me drive N to
Nashville then.  What do you think? Are tickets still around, you think?"

TO MUENCHIE:  Jack, I already promised our guestroom to Tom Lovinggood and wife.  However, urgent times require urgent solutions.  There is an extra-long couch in our den - quite comfortable - it's yours!  Let me know.  As to tickets, old friend, At this late date I'm afraid you are left to the mercy of local scalpers (who will be glad to help you part with your curly lockes.
VTL,
Lorenzo Bozino

Anonymous said...

E-CORRESPONDENCE FROM Mr. Jimmy Grissett, October 6, 2008:

"Dear Larry --

Sorry for the slow response.  As I mentioned to Heartfield and Opico last week, I have been busy setting barb wire, mounting swivel cannons on the corners of the house, and burying gold in the basement -- plus the kids don't get allowance until the moat is finished.  And that is just for the upcoming Vandy-UGA game -- but it should be helpful for the impending Collapse of the World As We Know It the following weekend.

That said, God bless you, but you are having another Fig Newton of your imagination -- as I was not at said "invitation only" shindig in DC -- and they or I never said anything whatsoever about anyone involved (Lark Mason's daughter included, unfortunately) attending the upcoming homecoming hullabaloo.

That said, I may show up just to make the point and to meet Brother Aber (?) -- who knocked out the Duke tight end (?) -- so I can explain Marty Heflin's Poobeater comment.  (Yes, I knocked him out too, but despite the Poo connection, he was bigger than me and the shotputter for the Vandy track team -- which didn't help out in the ensuing trial with Deans Potter and Caldwell, coach of said track team).  I would also like to get {Edited for content}  through the week.

The key variable here in Atlanta is whether I can get gasoline enough to make it up there.

Go You Hairy Geeks,
JAG III
Jim Grissett
1234 Reeder Circle
Atlanta, Georgia 30306
404 874 6446"

YO, G-MAN!  I love you, my Brother.
VTL,
Bozino