Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2012, No.01 - TICK SIGHTINGS



















Beta Pi:

IS  BETA PI BLOG WITHOUT ANY REDEEMING SOCIAL OR ARTISTIC MERIT?:  






YEA .   .   .   . or

 


NAY? 


Beta Pi Blog’s purpose: to bring ATO, Beta Pi Chapter Brothers and ATO Gal-Pals together.  The blog is not to be taken seriously - it is meant for

fun. 

The Beta Pi Blog is non-political.  It includes



pictures, links, Archives of previous issues,
and other time-wasters.

To get there, go to web address: http://beta-pi-blog.blogspot.com

*      *      *

LIBERTY BOWL TICK-A-LOR EXCURSION!:  



So, yesterday VINNY STARR telephoned me, wondering why the Beta-Pi-Blog had been silent for a month.  No excuse, really.  I have been working on the cabin Ann and I built at our farm, and there has been much to write about on my “other blog which shall remain nameless” – because I vowed that Beta-Pi-Blog would and forever shall be non-political.

That said, here are some “LIBERTY BOWL MEMORIES.”


THE LIBERTY BOWL itself is frickin’HUGE.  What more can a English Major say?





YOUNG ANN had early on abandoned her plan to actually put on a tailgate, because of the “core group” we received last minute cancellations from FRANK BILLER (missed you Buck!) and







CLAUDE CODY (your presence was missed old friend!). 


And, I got a last minute e-mail from BOSS STEIN that he and his wife were also rendezvousing with another couple, but that he’d see us there.


So, Ann and I went to Official VANDY TAILGATE – the crowd was big, food was good, cheerleaders had boundless pep.  I tried texting the Boss at that point, but the crowd was so huge.





Ann and I also saw some of her Vandy friends – whose daughter Margaret is roommates with Ann’s daughter Maggie (who is a HUGE VANDY FAN) - who invited us to join their TAILGATE.  Great food and bev.



Then, like lemmings we all filed into the Stadium. 




On the RAMP up, I sighted ATO Oldster and ALL-TIME-GREAT Vandy Basketball Star BOB DUDLEY SMITH.  I went up to Bob Dudley – shook his hand.  I had once served on the Alumni Association with Bob Dudley, and had shaken his hand a hundred times, but alas he looked at me like he had never seen me before.  In fairness to him, he must be in his 80’s.






KICK OFF!

Our Cheerleaders did AMAZING FEATS, our COMMODORES FOUGHT, AND THEY FOUGHT WELL!

During the game, there was a J.D. STRICKLAND SIGHTING!



BUCK BILLER and

FRANK COLLINS texted me during the game!  FUN!!



VANDY had the lead going into the fourth quarter, and fought hard, but Cincinnati pulled ahead.








At that moment, I had a BOSS STEIN SIGHTING.  Boss was visibly pissed that the DORES were being bested. 

The Vandy crowd was the biggest I have ever seen, which is why I could not connect with J.D. STRICKLAND or BOSS STEIN.

Well, I came away from the game feeling very proud of the Dores.  Season ticks have just gone on pre-sale – and Ann is very excited.  I am too, looking forward to a great Season!

*     *     *

HOW TO POST, OR  READ COMMENTS: Just click the button - Comments - below.

*      *      *

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS:   As of March 4, 2012, the Blog roster stands at 109 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses (plus 6 Brothers who do not have e-mail), and 14 ATO Gal-Pals.  The blog needs e-mail addresses, please share!

VTL,




Larry Simons

Beta Pi, 72

No comments: