Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.36 - Video Tick-a-lo Extravaganz-o

Beta Pi:


IS BETA PI BLOG JUNK E-MAIL?: Yes, and no! It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply "Click on" the web address:


A hand-full of Tick-a-lo’s have submitted videos to this blog, and up until now, I used the "Links" section (to the right) to place the links. This was tedious - it required you to move your "mouse" to the right, visually search the long list of links, and click on the link. No longer. Today, the blog is unfurling new blog-technology which allows me to "embed" a video "link" within the text. This eliminates all of e-red-tape and puts the link where its convenient.
Why all this e-bull?  Well, as I said there have been several Tick-a-lo Men, a Tick-a-lo-Offspring, and even a Tick-Ex-Girlfriend-o-Yore who have submitted videos. Beta Pi Blog is proud to present a new feature, so without further "to-do". . .

TICK-A-LO VIDEO EXTRAVAGANZ-O:


Here are the videographers who have contributed:
J. NEAL CRENSHAW, a.k.a. XBG-NEAL, a.k.a. X-NEAL: The video submitted by Neal is original, creative and fun. Neal works and lives in Thailand (he builds Embassies), and his video, entitled "Neal's Bike With an Killer Sound" - features a very-cool motorcycle, a Bavarian Motorcycle Mechanic (yeah, pump-you-up!), and Neal’s beautiful wife and children. Thanks, J-Neal!

*      *      *

JOEL KADARAUCH, a.k.a. ITCHY, a.k.a. JOR-EL: Joel lives and works in Alaska (he is in the Beverage Distribution Business) and loves to ski with his dog! Joel’s video is original, highly creative - he uses a "Helmet-Camera - and I’m certain it is Joel playing the eggs-cellent bluegrass music in the background. I found this video - on YouTube - whilst searching the web for Joel. Eventually, I e-mailed Joel, he responded, and I had a great phone conversation with Joel. Enjoy the video, which is at the link (on the right) entitled "JOEL KADARAUCH  HELMET-CAM VIDEO."
*      *      *

ANDREW TAYLOR SIMONS, a.k.a. Bass Player-Groundspeak. My son Andrew plays in a Memphis Jazz-Fusion band called Groundspeak. They made an original video and put it on YouTube - of their band playing a Memphis Night Club. I am hereby dubbing Andrew "Son-of-Tick-a-lo Lorenzo."  The video, which is at the link (on the right) is entitled "GROUNDSPEAK ON YOUTUBE - LIVE AT THE HI-TONE."

*      *      *

MARK McGANN, a.k.a. MARLON: Mark Marlon brought a great DVD to last Reunion "Eleuthra-Mania Memories" and Vinny, Buck, and J.D. Strickland and I watched it on the DVD/tv in my den.  It was the best! Unfortunately, Marlon very selfishly kept it to himself and took it home! I’ve asked him for it, but he is stubborn - (Marlon, remember in Kindergarten, they taught a concept: "sharing?"). Thus, thanks to Marlon, "Eleuthra-Mania Memories" video is not yet presented herein. Thanks, Marlon!
*      *      *

SALLY TUCKER, a.k.a. SALLYDORE: My ex-college-girlfriend Sally made videos in college using a home movie camera. She was kind enough to have thoseconverted from VHS tape to DVD and mail it to me. I’m able to view in on a conventional DVD player, but due to some computer glitch (which I’m still working on) I’m not yet able to play the DVD on my computer - and thus not able to present it yet. It will be featured soon, in an upcoming blog entitled "Tick-a-lo Wimens in History, Part II - The SallyDore Video."
Thanks to my good friend Sally!
*      *      *
STEVEN STARR, a.k.a. DIP-WAD, a.k.a. VINNY, , a.k.a. WHIPSNADE: Vinny submitted a video to me, but it was not original, and it contained some x-rated content not suitable for posting on this blog. Vinny . . . BEHAVE!


*       *      *       *        *

CLASS OF 1973 UPDATE


Of the Ticks-o-73, we know this much:
ABER will attend.
BOSS STEINwill attend.
CHEEKS REED will attend.
THE HEME will attend.
CLAUDE CODY, GEORGE JOE or MIKE McCARTY will attend or not.

ALL POINTS BULLETIN ON ‘73 RENEGADE TIM CUSACK:




I have written a letter to Cusack (explaining the blog) and have placed calls to his law office. My Dad, the late George H. Simons, used to say "Son, there isn’t anyone on the face of this earth that I can’t get on the telephone in one hour." I used to be that good, too, but Cusack has destroyed my record. I can’t get the man on the phone. And BOSS STEIN, don’t try calling him, since you’re in charge of fund raising. No . . . we need one of the All-Time-Greats-o-73 like ABER, or THE HEME to call this nebuloid CUSACK.
Timothy J. Cusack
Cusack Jaramillo Romero & Asc
P.O. Box 250
Roswell, NM 88202-0250

(505)622-3542 (office)
Your mission is to get Tim’s e-mail address for starters - we’ll worry about getting him to Reunion later.

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of July 20, 2008, the Blog roster stands at 90 Beta Pi brothers, and of those, 82 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - fugetaboutit!


VTL,
Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEWS FLASH - MIKE McCARTY TO BE AT REUNION '08:

----- Original Message -----
From: lasimons4law@aol.com <lasimons4law@aol.com>
To: Michiel McCarty
Sent: Sun Jul 20 20:13:22 2008
Subject: Hey Mike

Mike:
Are you coming to Reunion?
Larry
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


"Yes I am."

TO MIKE:  Roo, Rah!




Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM JOR-EL KADARAUCH, July 20, 2008:

----- Original Message -----
From: lasimons4law@aol.com <lasimons4law@aol.com>
To: Joel Kadarauch
Sent: Sun Jul 20 12:12:53 2008
Subject: Jor-el

Joel:
I featured you and your great Ski Dog video on latest blog.
Larry
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

"Ooh. I'll have to look. I have an even better one I'll have to send you. I hear you like mountains. Today we day-hiked a 5200 foot peak...The Ramp. Not bad for a blue-haired gummer. C'mon up here sometime and we'll show you a fine time as your hosts. Tonight I can hardly move.  Were it not for the Chardonnay, I would be in real pain.
All my best, Larry
-joel"

TO JOEL:  We'd love to - sounds like my kinda place.  The mountains Ann and I have done are not as big, but quite beautiful.  She and I have been up to the top of Mount LeConte 3 times.  I proposed marriage to her there.  It's the tallest of the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, not far from Gatlinburg.  I forget how high, and its been several years since we last climbed, but the degree of soreness to my geezer-bod is fresh in my memory to this day.  Do send more videos.  
VTL,
Larry


Anonymous said...

TICK-A-LO NEWS EXTRA:  MIGHTY GEORGE JOE IS "GO" FO' OCTO'

I got this from Venerable WM George Joe:

"Yo Bro, I'll be there! George"

TO GEORGE:  ".  .  . hep Rah, hep Rah"

Anonymous said...

TICK-A-LO WIRE SERVICE SPANNING THE GLOBE - CHAIRMAN CLAUDE CODY IS ON!

-----Original Message-----
From: lasimons4law@aol.com [mailto:lasimons4law@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:08 PM
To: Claude Cody
Subject: Yo, Claude

Claude:
Are you coming to Reunion?
Larry
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


"Not only am I coming to the reunion, thanks to Boss Stein I am chairman
of the Class of 73 Party committee.  Will I see you there?
Claude"

TO CLAUDE:  Yes, thanks to Boss, I am Vice-Chair of the Tick-a-lo Janatorial Committee.  It will be my job to coordinate logistics and supplies - noteably a dozen Jumbo-size Ralph-Receptacles, and 1 Johnny-on-the-Spot - and of course I'll be designated driver.  I'm having my Bozo outfit cleaned for the occassion!  Can't wait to see you, my old friend!

Anonymous said...

E-MAIL FROM JIMMY GRISSETT, July 22, 2008:

"Larry --

Sorry I missed your call last week -- we've been at the beach and out of touch until last night -- will follow up shortly.

In the meantime, you might enjoy this video of Lark Mason in his Lotus at Road Atlanta.  {LINK AT RIGHT}

JAGIII"

TO JIMMY:  Yes, I've known for quite some time you are "out-of-touch" - or "touched" - but in any event, you-da-man!  Thanks for the very cool video of auto-racing.  The audio sucks, but then its Lark Mason, right?  Frankly I have a tough time picturing Lark Mason behind the wheel of a high performance racer.  On the other hand, I could picture his daughter easily.  She holds for prize for Internet-Babe-a-licious!