Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.34 - The Girlfriends-o-Yore Show!

Beta Pi:

IS BETA PI BLOG" JUNK E-MAIL?

 Yes, and

no!

It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the Beta Pi Blog, not the entire content. The blog is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply Click on the web address: _


THE GIRLFRIENDS-O-YORE SHOW

A new program has been approved for broadcast . . . inspired by Jimmy Grissett . . .


Welcome to the show. I’m your host, Lorenzo Bozino.

Several prominent Tick-a-lo’s will be joining the show in a panel discussion.

Today’s question is:  What ever became of your college sweetheart? - a bold question, not one for the meek or the shy.

Please welcome our Panel . . .Gentlemen, a few ground rules - I will pose no personal questions, and gentlemen - in your responses - please, no personal details here - this show is about locating long-lost-friends - that’s it. After all gentlemen, we are not savages (except Grissett).

., Vinny from Minneapolis,

The Heme, and
TravitoParrino from Reno!

A. Phibes, PhD

Last rule is the Lark Mason Rule - which simply means that any leads you provide must bear fruit in order to win - in otherwords, no bogus leads.

One of you will emerge as the winner. To win, whatever leads or information you provide in your responses, it will be up to the audience to act on those leads, so audience, contact the College-sweetheart - and then its up to the sweetheart to make contact with Beta Pi Blog.   Put simply the Lark Mason Rule means that BPB Editorial Staff will not investigate or act on your leads.  Got it? 

Lets play the game, the first sweetheart to contact the Blog by e-mail determines the winner!

Our panel will not be in the studio, they are connected via e-connection. Audience members, prepare for high speed internet search engines to whine!
And now, the first question goes to The Abominable Doctor Phibes:

Phibes, how do we get in touch with Ann Simpson? . . . . (10 seconds, Phibes):

Doctor Phibes:   I wrote to her several years back, tried to get her to come to N-Ville. She was smart enough to decline the invite. I think she had a lifetime of excitement dating the venerable, abominable one for 18 months. I believe she still has a family connection with Mr. L.P. Hodnette, III. That might work.

Next question goes to Vinny from Minneapolis:


Vinny, how do we get in touch with Laura Riddick? . . . . (time’s up):


Vinny: Now Larry, It's been over 30 friggin years since I talked to Laura Riddick, and your question implies she and I are regular buddies! My advice: Ask Art Landry -- he's connected down in NO and the Riddicks are (or were) a prominent family there. Did you look her up in the VU alumni directory?



Bozino: Sorry Vinny, 10 point penalty for addressing the host as Larry, 20 point penalty for using friggin, 50 point penalty for your question implies . ., 10 point penalty for rendering legal advice to Lawyer Landry - and, the Lark Mason Rule is in effect, remember? No help from the Blog here."Cindy Wigton was her name at school. She married some stock broker from Atlanta and still lives there. I have no idea what the name is or how to get in touch.. Cheeks Reed might know better. Why? You got any pics???



Next question goes to The Heme:
Heme, how do we get in touch with Cindy Wigton? . . . . (30 seconds, Heme):

The Heme:   . . .Bozo- - I don’t have her e-mail but do have her phone #’s and street address -
Bozino: Sorry Heme, the Lark Mason Rule is in effect. Take it up with Grissett.


And the last question goes to Travito Parrino from Reno:
Travito, how do we get in touch with Rena Dabne? . . . . (Sorry, that’s all the time we have . . .):

Travito:  Mrs. Rena Sartain, 257 Chastain Commons, Atlanta, GA 30342. (404) 252-2124
(404) 520-6382.   Bozino, Now that I think about it, she was married to one of the principals of Robinson-Humphrey of Atlanta (stock broker outfit). I don't know if she was a Robinson or a Humphrey, but you, Sherlock, will certainly find her. I hope she is still as beautiful as I remember....

Bozino: Sorry Travis, no personal details. The Lark Mason Rule is in effect - remember, to win . . . the "college sweetheart" must contact Beta Pi Blog. The web address is
Bozino: Travito, 1,000 Bonus Points for Concise, factual Response!  (Ding, ding, ding)
(The Heme’s buzzer goes off again . . .)
The Heme:

Folks, that’s our Show. Join us next time for THE GIRLFRIENDS-O-YORE SHOW. Goodnight!

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of July 9, 2008, the Blog roster stands at 90 Beta Pi brothers, 82 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - fugetaboutit!

VTL,
Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM VINNY STARR, July 9, 2008:
"Larry:

Here's some info on Laura Riddick:

Mrs. Laura R. Dufresne
(Laura Elizabeth Riddick)
168 Rumstick Road
Barrington, RI  02806
401-245-8578

Vinnie"

TO VINNY: Lark Mason Rule

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM THE HEME, July 9, 2008:
"Excellent, Larry.   The winner could be considered for “beer wench” at the reunion???  I’m sure they’d jump at that…………

George Tomlinson
Concklin Insurance
630-268-1600 x-32
800-451-1565 x-32"

TO THE HEME:  Yeah, if you're the Prince - hey - October is coming up fast, I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the Greats of '73.  The trick will be to pry Boss Stein away from his "official" duties (he got nailed with being "Class Chair" for your entire Class of 1973, which means he's having nightmares about "fund-raising goals" about now).  I think you and Cheeks could pull of "road-tripping" him, you guys are both bigger than John.
VTL,
Larry

Anonymous said...

TO JIMMY GRISSETT:  I laughed so hard I nearly cried (at your last e-mail), and I had huge fun with the Lark Mason video.  All kidding aside, you're Class of 1978, your Reunion year is this year, October '08.  Since you are now linked in the annals to Tick-a-lo's from the Class of 1973, you would be passing up a rare opportunity to be in the presence of these greats.  It will be a poundable offense if you DON'T show up (kidding).  Hey, I never got that decent picture of yourself you were going to send me.
VTL,
Larry

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM TOM "THE LOVE-MAN" LOVINGGOOD, July 10, 2008:
"Rena Dabney was OK by me!!!"

TO TOM:  
There once lived a man named Travino,
Who lived in the land name-o-Reno.
This man was no fake,
Him lovin' his Steak,
Which he gobbled on like a Machine-o!

Anonymous said...

EXPLANATION OF THE "LARK MASON RULE":
The rule grew out of a hoax Jimmy Grissett played on me.  Simply put, the rule - when invoked - means no more help from the blog with internet detective work locating old friends.

See, over the last 2 years, I built the blog roster up 1 person at a time - by doing the internet detective work (and phone, and mail).  Guys would tell me a name and some lead, like the city - and I found the person.  That's why Heme refered to me as Sherlock.  It was 1 guy at a time, now there are 82.

So, Grissett, being a clever practical joker, sends me this lead - on a fellow named "Lark Mason", said he and Stoner saw the guy on TV, was sure he was a Tick.  

Doing my usual thing, I ran a search - but came up empty.  Then, Stoner tipped me off with a clue - they started chatting about how good looking Lark's "daughter" was in the video, and sent me the "link" to the video.

Well, it was like fishing for those lug-heads - they baited me by saying there was a cute girl in the video (knowing I am fond of beautiful women).  But I thought - if this "Lark" guy is really an ATO, they would never in a million years make sexually charged remarks about an ATO's daughter.  So I began to realize I'd been "punked".

Watching the video (and zero results from VU Online Directory) confirmed it.  No way was this guy an ATO from VU.  It was a hoax.  At some point Art Landry told me he thought it was a hoax.  I was laughing so hard I saw stars - so I poked fun at my own tendency to be mesmerized by beautiful girls - and wrote a Bozino Vignette in which Bozino is bored with Lark's presentation, until the girl appears.

No mystery - Grissett hoaxed me.  I had a ball.  Jimmy, you-da-man.
Larry

Anonymous said...

E-RESEARCH CONDUCTED BY CHIP HEARTFIELD, July 11, 2008:

"Further research shows that Mr. Mason has in fact been a member of the Board of Visitors at...the University of Tennessee, of all places.  Did not know they could wear bow ties in Knoxville.

And perhaps all is not lost and we could contact the babe daughter and sign her up as a Tic Little Sister."

TO CHIP FROM BOZINO SUBLIMINAL:  Thats great!  Lark Mason (nerd) Board of Visitors, (UT nerd) bow tie (nerd-UT-nerd-UT-nerd)  

.  .  . contact the babe (babe-ite, jade-ite, jade, babe) .  .  .

.  .  . Tic Little Sister (tick-a-lo sister, babe-sister, babe-sister, soul-sister, soul-sister, met marma-lie down in ole new awlean, struttin ha stuff .  .  .)  

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM THE-MIGHTY-MAESTRO-O-LOVE--THE LOVE-MAN, July 11, 2008:
"Larry--

I think you have too much free time!"

TO TOM:  Hey, I do work - my light burns a little too bright, thats all.  I have a law practice and a few small businesses - but its Friday!  Ease up on me - O Mighty Maestro of Love!
Lorenzo

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT - DENNIS PRICE EMERGES FROM THE DEEP, July 11, 2008:

"I thought so tooooo!   That's one of the few times in my life that I truly enjoyed being vertically challenged!  My eyes were just about chest-high on her, so our "eye to eye" contact was always very titalizing!"

TO D. PRICE:  I guess my favorite thing about Rena was that she loved the attention we heaped on her - she absolutely shined!  It takes a big man to handle that, and T. Parr was so gracious with it all.  What I learned from Travis is - if you're going to date a beautiful woman, you might as well accept that guys are going to be looking and flirting.  It dawned on me that trust is what thats all about.  There was this great song by Sting a dozen years ago, the line was "If you love somebody, set them free" - that is so true.  That explains why T. Parr didn't crush us for fawning on Rena.
Lorenzo

Anonymous said...

AN E-MOMENT IN TICK HISTORY - FROM FRANK BILLER, July 11, 2008:

"As noted home spun philosopher and raconteur T. Parr once said, "Why go for a Degerberger when you can have the Steak?".  

Am I the only one who was on porch crew parents weekend when poor Karen Degerberg made the mistake of walking past the Tic house with her Mom and Dad?  As I recall,  T. Parr belted out in his loudest voice "Hey Karen Degerberger, you sure got a nice looking set of (T.  made a reallllllly loooong pause) Parents!".  If my memory serves me well, Karen's Mom was aghast, Karen just looked at us miserable 'Tics and smirked, but the best was her Dad.  He was  pinching him self to keep from laughing out loud and having the wrath of his wife fall down on his neck.  It happened.  I know it.  T. Parr said it and I saw it.  You just can't make this kind of stuff up.  Truth is stranger than fiction.
Yours truly,
Frank J. "Buck" Biller  

PS-  Long overdue cudos to T. Parr for his stint as the "Steak Wrangler".  Not only did T. get to bask in the sunlight of Ms. Dabney's affections, he made it possible for the rest of us to lust in our hearts up close and personal after such a fine specimen of God's good work on the distaff side."

TO BUCK:  I can almost hear you doing your "Jimmy Carter" impression as I read the P.S..    

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM TOM LOVINGGOOD, July 11, 2008:

"Larry--

 You know I care about you.  I enjoy getting you riled up.  The Blog looks great--you're doing a great job on it.  I look forward to every new addition.

Tom L."

TO TOM:  I love you, too my brother - I love all my ATO Brothers (Grissett included).  Seems my best friends are the ones who take the greatest pleasure in harangueing me - hey, I'm used to it, before I came to Vandy I survived Military School.  

I'm glad you enjoy the blog - I have fun doing it.  I actually look forward to Reunions now - because we're all in touch.  It also makes it possible for me to "crash" the Reunion Parties of Classes to which I don't belong.  Your Class of 1974 has so many great guys - '09 is going to be "spectacular" for ATO's!  You guys might need to do super-advance planning to book a hotel to house everyone.  

And you really ought to consider coming for '08 - as you know, the Class of 1973 is small but extremely mighty, the greatest guys on the planet.  It will be like CLASH OF THE TITANS!
VTL,  
Larry

Anonymous said...

AN E-MOMENT IN TICK-A-LO HISTORY, BY TRAVIS PARR, July 21, 2008:

"Dear Bucko--

 Yes, this was one of my most memorable days on the porch of the Tic house!
     
  The proper name for the assemblage of such fine spirited fraternity brothers on the porch was "The Porch Crew". We would select a "President" of the Porch Crew each time for whenever hastily assembled to lead the group in vocal outpourings from the highly vaunted corner of 2422 Kensington Place.

  All members took their turns in this very vocal group whenever the mood would strike.... particularly whenever vast groups of co-coeds were on the move parading in front of the ATO house. Besides the wonderful comments, descriptions, pleadings, suggestive visual scratching's, & hurled insults of all types, etc. the Porch Crew delivered many intense screams and yells to proclaim our existence as young men with the purpose of proclaiming our many wanton lusts, pleasures & desires.

   Although we had many spirited competitions amongst ourselves, no other fraternity on campus dared challenge our originality nor our decibels from their respective porches! Alas, they had no true crew....
   T. Parr"

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM ABER, July 21, 2008:

"Who by name cleaned up the House? Most beautiful picture of the house since the 50's when most of us were 'barely' born. Aber"

TO ABER:  It only looks clean, because Porch Crew is not pictured.  Last Reunion, they had an old flea-bitten sofa on the porch.  Looked like a large dog had hiked on it several times.  I tried to warn Vinny from sitting on it, but he couldn't resist the urge.  Then, he wondered why he had this uncontrollable itching problem below the belt.  Nothing has changed, really.

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS:  FRANK COLLINS CORRECTLY NAMES PARTY RESPONSIBLE FOR ATO HOUSE CLEAN-UP, July 22, 2008:

"(Dean K.C.) Potter?"

TO FRANK:  I agree - it had to have been during the famed crack-down a few years ago, during the time the SAE's lost their Charter and the Phi Delt's died.

Anonymous said...

E-COMMENT FROM FRANK COLLINS, July 22, 2008:
"Sounds like Beta Pi got the upside of that deal - for a  change."

Anonymous said...

COLOSSAL FIND FROM JEFF PEROUT, July 24, 2008:

"Hey Bozo:
Check out this page {Link withheld, "The Lark Mason Rule" -B.E.S.}

Her married name is Manyak, wife of Dr. Michael Manyak, a prominent physician in the D.C. area.

Also on this page above is Karen Degerberg, her best friend at Vandy.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you...I don't check this address as often as I should.

What skullduggery are you up to?

ILMATOB....

Jeff

TO JEFF SCHWIMBAGGIO:  Same old trip - hey SCHWIM-MAN - awesome find.  I looked, and your e-find appears to be bona fide.  Only one thing, I must invoke the "Lark Mason Rule" - which means no help from this end.  To win the Girlfriends-o-Yore Contest, your ex-girlfriend must contact the blog herself.  My friend, that means you must figure out a tactful way to communicate with her.  As usual, if you, or any of your IM Force are caught or captured, the Secretary will disavow .  .  ."
Lorenzo Bozino