Saturday, May 24, 2008

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2008, No.26 - Herb Zombie-Man Ladley

Beta Pi:

IS "BETA PI BLOG" JUNK E-MAIL?: Yes, and no! It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, simply "Click on" the web address: http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/ .

HERB "ZOMBIE-MAN" LADLEY: Absolutely "made-my-day" - I woke up, and checked my e-mail, and there’s this message-out-of-nowhere from Herb Ladley. That’s right, the same Herb Ladley that several of us have been trying to contact for the last 2 years. I must have called six times and left messages with the very kind nurse who screens calls for the Mighty Doctor. Pierce Hodnette and I have discussed it - and Pierce said Herb is just too focused. And here he comes, lumbering in like a zombie, from the land of the walking dead. Ladles and Jellyspoons, I give you the incomparable, Herb Ladley!

Here is what Zombie-Man sent me:

"Larry, I was googling my son to make sure he was staying out of trouble with his career and came upon the blog....SPECTACULAR.......Here is a little catch up of my world (See link, at right). Will be in Nashville for a wedding in December and in and out of Nashville all the time on business. Will try to keep in better touch. Take Care HERB"

Herb, did you think I was calling to hit you up for a fundraiser? My old friend - your defenses have been impenetrable. It takes one to know one - you, my friend, are a work-a-holic. I have missed you, glad you finally entered the blog-o-sphere!

BETA PI BLOG WELCOMES HERB LADLEY herbladley@earthlink.et ! I had the honor of spending a lot of time with Herb after he volunteered to be my Trainer in preparation for the beer-boxing grudge match with Buck Biller in ‘73. I told Herb that I had some martial arts training - he said that didn’t matter - he wanted me to spar with a few bigger guys who could easily clean my clock, so fighting Buck would seem like a breeze. The strategy worked, Herb lined up Marc Darling, aka Biggie Rat, to spare with me. Rat looked at me with a twinkle in his eye when I told him to pound my head as hard he could. Saw stars, and tasted canvas. I remember it like it was yesterday. Herb met me every day to ensure I did my laps and bag work. Thanks for the memories old friend.

Check out Archive Issues regarding Herb: Vol.2006, No.14 (August, 2006); Vol.2008, No.09 (February, 2008).

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of May 24, 2008, the Blog roster total is 87 Beta Pi brothers, 81 of these Tick-a-lo men have e-mail addresses. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother - fugetaboutit!

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, 72

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herb rules.    L. Pierce  Hodnette

Anonymous said...

FROM FRANK J. BILLER, May 26, 2008:
"Dear Larry,
I guess the cat is out of the bag now.  I am committed (or should be committed).  Life is good, the new place is great, Margo and I are doing well.  

Are you still with Rutherford B Hayes and associates or did your move indicate you are on your own?  Neither here nor there to me, just querious.
Buck"

TO BUCK:  My friend, when you announced your wedding plans in your letter to Schmeat, you opened the proverbial bag yourself!  I'm happy for you, you know I mean that with all my heart.  Your pronouncement that you are committed gives me hope - and I know you are kidding with your parenthetical.  And yes, I moved out of the Rutherford group, solo office.  Back to the important stuff - where and when is the wedding?  VTL, Larry

Anonymous said...

MORE FROM BUCK ABOUT WEDDING PLANS:
"The wedding will be pretty quiet, immediate family only.  We plan to do it Thanksgiving weekend.  We will have a big reception next spring."