Friday, March 2, 2007

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2007, No.17A - X-NEAL CRENSHAW UPDATE

Beta Pi:

X-NEAL CRENSHAW UPDATE: For you Brothers who have not ventured into "The Archives" - just click on Archives, and work your way back in time, to the very first "Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2006, No.01 - Honoring Tison Keel and Neal Crenshaw."

 

J. Neal, a.k.a. X-Neal Crenshaw, sent me a blurb - in his usual extremely concise fashion, with attached photo. The photo is a classic, which belongs in the annals. I must say, J. Neal, it looks to me like you are indeed in the Promised Land my old friend! Here is J. Neal’s blurb:

" from the commissioning of my new digital recording studio...."

You may not know this, but it is J. Neal’s residence in Thailand that makes Beta Pi Blog truly a "global" rag, which is extremely cool. A twisted version of "The King and I" is creeping into my imagination, with a cameo by X-Neal, so I’m featuring a photo of all-time-great actor Yul Brenner. Notice any resemblance between Yul and X-Neal?

 

Check out Beta Pi Blog on the web! The blog address is:

http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, ‘72

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COMMENT FROM "BRONZE GOD" March 5, 2007:

"Two things, Cat:

'Round here, I am known as "The Bronze God". I have been promoted from the old "X Neal" days...

You cut the motorcycle and guitars outta my pic, you anal retentive...."

MY REPLY TO X-B-G-Neal:

"Neal:

I posted your photo, in its entirety, and I also cropped a head shot (poetic license).  You have to go to the blog web site, where several pictures are posted - you can scroll through them.  You may need Video Professor to instruct your stuborn @##$%^&*()

You are (unfortunately) correct about anal retentiveness, old friend.  And, you know the old saw - takes one to know one, may apply here.

Larry"

NOTE:  For the historical record, in Freshman dorm Mims Hall, Neal nick-named me "Cat S_ _ _n" (rhymes with Cat Stevens)because I was a huge Cat Stevens fan, and loved to play those songs, and because he's so totally perverted.