Monday, February 12, 2007

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2007, No.12 - BELOVED HARPO FOUND BY MARLON!

Beta Pi:

BELOVED HARPO FOUND BY MARLON: Mark McGann a.k.a. Marlon has been on the trail of Ken Linden a.k.a. Harpo, and has provided an e-mail address ken.linden@adidasus.com ! Beta Pi Blog welcomes HARPO! (To the sound of crashing cymbals, fireworks, water-splashing).

If I only had a nickle for every time a brother asked me if I had any news about Harpo. That is no exaggeration. A Venerable beloved brother, if ever there was one.

BETA PI BLOG now numbers 63 bona fide tik-a-lor brothers. The blog is a beast which feeds on e-mail addresses. Have you any?

Check out Beta Pi Blog on the web! The blog address is:

http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/

VTL,

Larry Simons

Beta Pi, ‘72

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FROM ART LANDRY, February 13, 2007:

"I can get you Hill Turner, and will do so. AWL"

Anonymous said...

FROM NOTORIOUS DR. PHIBES, February 13, 2007:

"If only you could spell nickel..."


Anonymous said...

FROM STEVE CUMMINGS, February 13, 2007:

"Larry-

Where are you getting these great pics???  I have lost my composite photo of the Tics.  Do you have a scan of my pic from the composite you can send me?  Jill would never believe what I looked like back then."

TO STEVE:

I've got a scanner, and I use an older software called "Paint" - I scan in the page from a yearbook, and it has a rectangular editing feature that lets me "cut" out the tik-a-lor photo I want.  I've also scanned the photos in the yearbook, i.e., the famed Pirate photo, the Biker photo, Alex & Laura, the Schwim-baggio Pool photo - and I can zero in on a par-tik-a-lor *tiklor*, and cut it out.  Then I save and rename it.  Years ago, someone - memory escapes me - sent me a set of photos taken at "The Fight" - and same with "Olympic Tales, 1984" - I have had alot of fun with all of them. I scanned those in.   I've got a digital camera, I love it.  I posted your pic at Issue # __, in Archives.  I'll e-mail it to you.  Be well.
Larry

Anonymous said...

FROM KEN LINDEN aka HARPO, February 14, 2007:

"Larry,

Been in meetings all afternoon. This has certainly been a "blast from the past". Hope all is well with you!

Ken"

TO HARPO:  Ken, I've missed you, and I'm happy to finally be communicating with you!  Its great to have you involved, and I know lots of tik-a-lors have missed you and are happy to reconnect.

Larry