Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2009, No.10 - Marlon Noir Dreams

Beta Pi:
IS "BETA PI BLOG" JUNK E-MAIL?: Yes, and no! It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, go to web address: http://beta-pi-blog.blogspot.com/ .
And now, another episode of . . .
MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER. Featuring Blog Reporter Marlon

"It was raining in my city - D.C., home of Big Prez, home of D.C. Comics, my home, it was night time. At least it felt that way in my flat - with my high tech blinds that keep out every drop of sunlight. That’s the way I like it - dark, like my last name.

"What time could it be? Time for my first cigarette, a bottle of Yoohoo, and to get rid of the dame . . .

"Hey Dollface, get lost. I need to log on to the internet - and to Beta Pi Blog - for my news fix. Wiggle your shapely back-side a little as you head for the door, will ya? Where ya headed?"


"Sugar, I’m going to get more air freshener, you really need to cut back on Mexican Carry-outs!


"Finally, she’s gone. . . Lets see what earth-shattering news there is on the internet . . . Hey, this reminds me of Fuad . . .:


TALIBAN EXECUTE COUPLE SEEKING TO ELOPE
KABUL (April 14) - A Taliban firing squad killed a young couple in southwestern Afghanistan for trying to elope, shooting them with AK-47s in front of a crowd in a lawless, militant-controlled region, officials said Tuesday.
The woman, 19-year-old Gul Pecha, and the man, 21-year-old Abdul Aziz, were accused by the militants of immoral acts, and a council of conservative clerics decided that the two should be killed, officials said . . . .

AFGHANS STONE WOMEN PROTESTING SEX LAW
KABUL (April 15) -- A group of some 1,000 Afghans swarmed a demonstration of 300 women protesting against a new conservative marriage law on Wednesday. The women were pelted with small stones as police struggled to keep the two groups apart.
The law, passed last month, says a husband can demand sex with his wife every four days unless she is ill or would be harmed by intercourse - a clause that critics say legalizes marital rape. It also regulates when and for what reasons a wife may leave her home alone . . .


* * *

"You know, this gets me to thinking - there is something about the Afghan lifestyle I like, maybe Marlon Noir should move there (I love referring to myself in the third person, like Bob Dole used to do). . .

(Dollface comes in, spraying Super Lysol)

"Hey Dollface, get this - they stoned 300 women in Afghanistan, just for protesting some law - all it did was put men in charge - what is their problem?

"Marlon Noir, YOU are stoned! - and you are a misogynistic sexist pig! Why shouldn’t those Afghan women have rights?

"Dollface - what’s ‘misogynistic’ mean - Marlon Noir has never heard you talk like this before - what gives?

"Sugar - I’ve been watching Oprah and The View, and after Oprah helped women make up their minds last November, it has occurred to me that times are truly changing. Arrogant, sexist males used to be attractive to me - but now, well Sugar, somehow that just don’t do the trick for me no more, see?

"But Puppy-kins . . .

"Take back the mean things you said about those women who got stoned.

"And if I don’t?

"Then forget about me getting your Camels, your Yoohoo, your Pixie Stix, your PreparationH, your tea bags, and forget about me doing your manicure and pedicure, not to mention . . .

"Enough said, Marlon Noir takes it back, Poopsie-whoopsie. But wouldn’t you just think about moving to Afghanistan with Marlon Noir?


"Marlon!


STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER.

* * * *

COMMENTS, COMMENTS, COMMENTS: Blog Vol.2009, No.07 broke the record for number of comments - 33 Comments! CHECK OUT THE "COMMENTS" - BETTER YET POST A COMMENT. (The "button" - as Buck likes to call it, is at the bottom of the "page", it is very small - it is small red letters "Comments" - just below "VTL, . .") Call me and I’ll walk you through it - 615-512-1448. Too lazy? Send me an e-mail and I’ll post your comment.

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of April 15, 2009, the Blog roster stands at 95 Beta Pi brothers, 87 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses, and 8 ATO Girlfriends-o-Yore. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother, or sister - fugetaboutit!

VTL,

Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

1 comment:

Beta-Pi-Blog said...

FROM MARK McGANN, April 15, 2009:

"Larry,

You crazy but I love you anyway. I just flew in from Vegas and boy are my arms tired. I thought you might like some new snaps. The first is me and my F22 fighter pilot nephew who happens to be stationed there, for the time being. Next is me discovering the hiding place of all 50 Miss USA contestants (note the sashes) somewhere in Planet Hollywood. Finally we have, well, you guess the state she represents. It's great to be alive my brother.

ILOMATOB"

TO MARK: Sounds like a great time to go to Vegas. From the sound of it, you must have been yanking the one-armed-bandits 2 at a time. In my book, you are a winner, my old friend!
Larry