Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2009, No.05 - The Bruning Chronicles

Beta Pi:
IS "BETA PI BLOG" JUNK E-MAIL?: Yes, and no! It is not this e-mail. This e-mail contains some written content of the "Beta Pi Blog", not the entire content. The "blog" is actually a web-site, it includes pictures, links, Archives of previous issues, and other time-wasters. To get there, go to web address: http://beta-pi-blog.blogspot.com/ .


THE BRUNING CHRONICLES: After the last issue - The Ta-Ta Obsession - the fishing expedition began, and the e-mail was sent to a few co-eds-o-yore. Today, it bore fruit. I got this e-mail from Jeff Perout’s jeff@perout.com famous old flame - that awesome gal-pal, Becky Bruning Manyak rmanyak@yahoo.com :


"Larry-- OMG...You found me. Actually Katie Herrington sent me your previous blog site last summer when Tyson Keel turned her on to it.... Kind of spooky seeing my mud photo and the contest to identify the mystery chick.... (When was that contest, btw? I need to check out those postings again in the archives.) I meant to contact you then but later in the year the site was gone... I had been about to turn D. Price on to it... And now here you are again. What a surprise and what a hoot catching up with all you guys. I have some old photos that I should scan and send on to you for public consumption. What memories!!


I've been in the DC/MD area for ~30 years, married for 22 years to a urologist....yes, all you guys are starting to check those prostates about now... have 3 kids, 2 girls in college and a 16 yr. old son in HS still. Retired from nursing in 2004, now playing lots of tennis and having fun.

Regards .... Becky Bruning Manyak"

* * * *
BETA PI BLOG WELCOMES BECKY BRUNING MANYAK!

Becky, I’m not sure when that contest was. We’d love to get any pictures you have - if you’ll e-mail them to me, I’ll post ‘em! Also, can you get me Katie Herrington’s e-mail? And yes, I - and no doubt, many Tick-a-lors - have been to the U-rologist and received the dreaded "U-Tube."
So Becky, now that you have surfaced on the blog, I can tell the rest of the story. Last year, after Jeff sent those great pictures, (See Archives, Vol.2008, No.15, March, 2008) he somehow dug up an e-mail address for you. Timing is everything - it took us a year, but worth the wait. Thanks, Jeff!


DON’T FORGET - CHECK OUT THE "COMMENTS" - BETTER YET POST A COMMENT. (Click on "Comments" - just below "VTL, . .") Too lazy? Send me an e-mail and I’ll post your comment.


BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS: As of March 18, 2009, the Blog roster stands at 95 Beta Pi brothers, 87 Tick-a-lo men online who have e-mail addresses, and 7 ATO Girlfriends-o-Yore. If you have an e-mail address on a Brother, or sister - fugetaboutit!


VTL,

Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

1 comment:

Beta-Pi-Blog said...

ADDITIONAL NOTE TO BECKY: The Mud-girl Contest can be found at Archives, Vol.2008, No.14 & 15, March, 2008. The Winner was announced somewhere in there. Fun contest. Regarding Katie Harrington, Tison gave me an e-mail, but it bounced. If you have Katies' e-mail, please let me know.
Best,
Larry