Friday, August 31, 2007

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2007, No.47 - Marlon Noir to Attend 30th Reunion

Beta Pi:

MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER TO ATTEND 30th REUNION.

Featuring Blog Reporter Marlon Noir

It was drizzling rain . . . on my window pane. Its my town, its wet, but my finger is on the pulse. Its 1:15 a.m. - and its Sominex time - can’t sleep. . .

"Dollface, didn’t I tell you to get some Dr. Scholl’s Odor-Eaters for those Black Stiletto Pumps you wear? And baby - your toes feel like ice-cubes - - what’d you do, get a pedicure at the North Pole?"

"But Sugar . . ." I’d had all a man could stomach . . .

"Dollpuss - beat it - go get me a pack of Tiparillos and a 12-pack of PBR - and, hey -

You see that crumpled pack of camels in the litter box, throw it to me on your way out . . .

"And baby-doll, you really ought to pick up some more SlimFast - your back side is looking a little too well-fed!"

After it seemed like forever, she dabbed on a bit of SugarBaby Perfume, and slammed the door.

Solitude! Now, to crack my knuckles . . . my damn typewriter is begging me to write. Its this damn 30-year Reunion at Vandenberg. Here is the known line-up and a hint of what to expect:

* I, Marlon Noir, markmcgann@prodigy.net will deliver an original soliloquy entitled "Reflections on a Miraculously Great Life Above Ground - or, Sheer Luck of the Draw: Death is but a Mistress Who Kissed and Spared Me."


* Bob Smoot

, a.k.a. Smooty, a.k.a. Smooth T rsmoot358@aol.com is a known quantity. Smootingham will wax eloquent on days-o-yore, as only he can, and his seminar bears the title:

"The Easy-Rider Philosophy: Get Your Motor Runnin’ and Follow Dennis Hopper to the Retirement of Your Dreams!"


* Frank J. Biller

, a.k.a. Buck, a.k.a. Mr. Commitment fbiller1@msn.com has vowed to show up to be with Marlon, and promises to fly in Saturday night.

* Van Sayler, a.k.a. Popeye Van Sailor Man, van.sayler@raymondjames.com will present a mini-seminar entitled: "Less is More - My Experience as Tick-a-lor Class of 1977 Point-Man!

* Steve Cummings a.k.a. Scumming-she-said-scumming!, scummings@Crossroads.com will speak on the topic: "Creativity in Internet E-Mail Names - How I Trademarked the E-moniker Scummings Without Running Afoul of FCC Regulations"

* Larry Simons, a.k.a. Bozo Lorenzo Lasimons4law@aol.com will deliver a seminar entitled "Creative Charitable Giving at Vanderbilt Reunion: Existential Dilemma or Tough-Love Primer on JUST SAY NO, The World’s Most Effective 3-word Scholium!"

These Camels are sooo good, you know . . . its almost like LIFE is good! - I just smoke ‘em right down and get scorch-lipped! Can’t pull my hands away from this damn typewriter. . .

(Knock on the door) "Hey, Sugar! How’s my little Shakespear?"

"Dollface, what took you so long? I’ve got a back-ache. Why don’t you slip into those Black Stiletto Pumps and walk on my back?

But first, get me a PBR and put my favorite movie in the DVD - Chinatown - I need some "Jake Gittes" to soothe my nerves - I have a 30th Reunion to attend in 6 weeks!

Ah, that’s good - real good baby . . . a little lower . . . that’s it!

"But Marlon!

"Shut-up Dollface, just keep walkin’ - low-back, Dollface, low back

TUNE IN FOR FUTURE EPISODES OF MARLON NOIR, BLOG REPORTER!

Check out Beta Pi Blog on the web! The blog address is:

http://journals.aol.com/lasimons4law/beta-pi-blog/

VTL,

Larry Simons
Beta Pi, ‘72

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FROM THE AUTOMATED DESK OF KEN LINDEN, August 31, 2007:

"Thanks for your e-mail. I am out of the office until September 6th and will respond to you at that time.

Best,
Ken"

Anonymous said...

FROM STEVE CUMMINGS, August 31, 2007:

"Larry-

Great update to the blog today.  I have indeed had email messages blocked due to my last name.  …also wanted to name my son Richard but realized that was not such a good idea.  …been known to answer to “Scummie”, “Scumbucket”, Scumbag” and others that would definitely get blacked by your spam filter and get the FCC after you.

Apparently you never got wind of the nickname suitemates Charlie McGibony and Doug Martin gave me, “Short.” – for a reason only suitemates would know…

See ya in October."