Thursday, November 21, 2013

Beta Pi Blog, Vol.2013, No.09 – HOLIDAY EDITION





 Beta Pi:

IS  BETA PI BLOG WITHOUT ANY REDEEMING SOCIAL OR ARTISTIC MERIT?:  







YEA .   .   .   . or














NAY? 



Beta Pi Blog’s purpose: to bring ATO, Beta Pi Chapter Brothers and ATO Gal-Pals together.  The blog is not to be taken seriously - it is meant for

fun. 

The Beta Pi Blog is non-political.  It includes

pictures, links, Archives of previous issues,

and other time-wasters.

To get there, go to web address: http://beta-pi-blog.blogspot.com


*      *      *


HOLIDAY EDITION



I am writing this Holiday Edition as I sit by a natural wood fire in our fireplace,

Ann is in the kitchen in her prettiest holiday dress and apron,

filling the kitchen with the wondrous aromas of cinnamon and cranberry,

a turkey in the oven,

my dogs are sleeping at my feet as the roaring fire crackles,

and I can’t help but admire my original edition Norman Rockwell print “An American Christmas” – and give thanks to God Almighty for our troops and our freedoms, and the bountiful blessings he has bestowed . . .  BULL!


Seriously, there is no fire, it was 60 degrees here in Nashville, and my dogs are too busy pissing to give a shit about nestling at my feet.  Ann is an awesome cook, and every evening the kitchen smells great, I am so thankful for Ann.  I do have a few Norman Rockwell prints somewhere, but not hanging.  I am very thankful to God for our troops and our Country.

I write this for two reasons:  to wish all you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.  And secondly, because I know if I do not get off my ass and do this now, it won’t get done.  NORMAN ROCKWEL BE DAMNED!   I love all of my ATO Brothers, I am thankful to be connected to you, especially to my closest friends 

Frank Biller, Steven Starr,

















Frank Collins,


















Matt Blankenship and














Pierce Hodnette.  




I love you guys and miss you.


VANDY BOWL BOUND

I must say, Vanderbilt Football has been a roller coaster ride this season.  With the shocking sex scandal, and the disappointing Homecoming Game, it was surprising that the Dores rallied to beat Georgia and Florida!  Ann and I went to the Kentucky game last weekend, and I’ve got to say it – the Dores seemed slow early in the game, and both teams pretty evenly matched.  Very close game until things picked up in the 4th quarter, and the Dores widened their lead to 22 to 6!  It still seemed squeaky, but a win is a win.  CONQUER AND PREVAIL!

That day, my step daughter Maggie texted Ann (she and Ann are WAY bigger football fans than I am) that Vandy is now Bowl Eligible!  Ann loves to go the games, we went to Music City Bowl last year, and Liberty Bowl before that.  And of course, now that the Dores are Bowl Eligible, and add to that the maxim “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t NOBODY happy” – I assure you, we WILL be going to the Bowl, wherever it is.  I hope to see some of you there!














ADIOS, mother f*****s!

*      *      *     *

VACATION UPDATE

As you know, it is my tradition to share vacation pictures. 

This fall, Ann and I went to a favorite place, Dominican Republic.

We visited Santo Domingo and toured Christopher Columbus’ Brother’s Home.

Here is the courtroom where they convicted people for heresy.

Here is me bribing the Guard . . . to let me ride the Horse . . .

I couldn’t resist trying on the Armor and mounting the Horse!

A festive luncheon . . .

We had our picture made with the Dancers, I think they misunderstood the translation . . .

In your face FACE SHOT . . . these are always fun . . .

My best friend and the love of my life, ANN

We enjoyed sea side meals

We did SPEED BOATS, that was big fun!

Ann and I spent lots of time on the beach.

The food was great.

As you know, one of our hobbies is horses, so I couldn’t resist . . .

RIDING THE MECHANICAL BULL!

A good time, some much needed R & R!  The people are very friendly, they smile a lot, and there is no law against women going topless on the beaches (which is why the people smile alot)  HA!

*      *      *     *














HERE'S HOW to “JOIN THIS SITE”: go to the blog page at web address: http://beta-pi-blog.blogspot.com  - and click on "JOIN THIS SITE."



*      *      *

HOW TO POST, OR  READ COMMENTS: Just click the button - Comments - below.

BETA PI BLOG ROSTER STATS:   As of November 21, 2013, there are 36 Blog Website Members;  there are 115 ATO’s on the blog e-mail list, plus 16 ATO Gal-Pals.  And, there are 6 Brothers who do not have e-mail, led by J.D. Strickland who refuses to get a computer. 

VTL,


















Larry Simons
Beta Pi, 72

2 comments:

Da Bronze God said...

Larry:

I am concerned about the turkey in da pic above... Is this a form of "ritualistic" animal sacrifice, similar to the annual slaughter of over 550 million sheep on one day by one of the world's largest religious groups? Or, maybe "ritualistic cannibalism"? He, he, he...

I wake at night worryin about
you,laddy...

Seriously, I can see from the pics a u, dat Ann's a really goooood cook.

Looks like da DR was hot n humid during ur visit...

ATB

Beta-Pi-Blog said...

TO XBG NEAL:
Yeah, there will be dancing, chanting, fire, all the elements of ritual animal sacrifice, and the most important part . . . the eating. I love Thanksgiving. And yeah, it was humid in DR that evening - but it added a nice "smokey" look, yes? I'll bet it stays humid in Thailand. With all the serpents. Be well.
Larry